SquashWise seeks an experienced squash player with an interest in youth development to be the Middle School Squash Coordinator at Baltimore’s urban squash and education program, SquashWise. SquashWise is a unique youth development program providing long-term academic and social support to public school students in Baltimore City, combining intensive academic tutoring with coaching in the sport of squash.
The Squash Coordinator will be responsible for working with 40 Baltimore City middle school students, mostly beginners, in squash programming, fitness activities, tournament planning, and evaluation of athletic progress. This is a unique opportunity for a high-level squash player with an interest in youth programming to expand and improve the services of a unique nonprofit. The successful candidate will bring a desire to enrich and motivate Baltimore City Public School youth, using squash as a tool for inspiration and engagement.
• Create and implement a daily squash and fitness curriculum, including teambuilding exercises and lessons on sportsmanship and athleticism.
• Recruit, train, and manage squash volunteers, ensuring volunteers at every session.
• Manage squash tournament schedule and entries: U.S. squash entries, tournament entry forms, local matches, squash leagues.
• Document progress on each student: collect data on attendance, squash skills, fitness, etc.
• Coordinate and chaperone student transportation to and from school for program sessions, including Activity Bus and minivan driving (training provided; standard driver’s license and clean driving history required).
• Build meaningful and lasting relationships with students, teachers and parents.
• Manage squash equipment: maintenance, cleaning, shoes, new orders.
• Assist with administrative duties as needed.
• Hours: Weekday hours from 11am-7pm; Saturdays from 1-3pm; occasional weekend tournaments, local and travel.
• Squash and coaching skills; college-level varsity experience preferred.
• B.A. or A.A. preferred, but not required.
• Experience working or volunteering in urban squash programs is a plus, but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Experience working with youth, especially inner-city youth.
• Current driver’s license and clean driving record; three years of driving experience required.
• Pass a criminal history background check.
Start Date: Summer 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience, range: $33,000-$35,000, plus benefits
Contact: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: June 30, 2017